Alzheimer’s is a growing endemic in the United States.
Currently, a person gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease every 66 seconds. Studies have shown, the disease is expected to double in the next five years, meaning that someone will be diagnosed every 33 seconds. In the United States, Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness month in November each year. During this time, we at BlueStar SeniorTech, feel that it is important to let you know some of the facts that are associated with the disease and to provide some early signs for Alzheimer’s.
5 Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease
- There are more than 44 million in the world affected by Alzheimer’s.
- In the U.S., nearly 5.5 million people are affected by Alzheimer’s.
- Of those 5.5 million, 5.3 million are 65 years and older, while the other 200,000 are under 65 and have early-onset Alzheimer’s.
- Women are the most commonly affected gender with 3.3 million having the disease, compared to nearly 2 million men.
- Alzheimer’s could rise to as high as 16 million people by 2050 in the US alone.
Learning about Alzheimer’s is important not just to you and me, but to those that are growing older. The signs and symptoms associated with the disease are important to recognize.
Signs for Alzheimer’s Disease
1. Memory Loss
2. Difficulty planning and solving problems
3. Difficulting completing familiar tasks
4. Experiencing personality and mood change
5. Difficulty finding the right words
6. Difficulty determining the time and/or place
7. Difficulty making decisions
8. Withdrawing from work and social events
9. Misplacing items often
10. Vision loss
Whether you are 30 or 70, join BlueStar SeniorTech as we observe Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month. To learn more about Alzheimer’s Awareness Month, please visit the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America. If you are looking for technology solutions to help you or your loved ones with Alzheimer’s, BlueStar offers an array of solutions that you might find beneficial. Look at it online or give us a call at (800) 300-1724.